This Policy applies as between you, the User of this Web Site and us, Glen Dimplex Australia Pty Ltd, the owner and provider of this Web Site. This Policy applies to all Data collected by us during the course of and in relation to your use of the Web Site (and any Services or Systems). By using this site you are deemed to have accepted the terms of this Policy.
Glen Dimplex respects the privacy of every individual who visits our website. Personal information will be collected only where we expressly request your personal information. Without limitation, any of the following data may be collected:
- full name;
- email address;
- contact information such as postal addresses and telephone numbers;
- demographic information such as post code, preferences and interests;
- financial information such as credit / debit card numbers;
- IP address (automatically collected);
- web browser type and version (automatically collected);
- operating system (automatically collected);
- a list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on this site, and the site you exit to (automatically collected); and
- cookie information.
Our Use of Data
Any personal information that we request or automatically collect will be retained as long as you use the services and systems provided on the website. Data you may submit through any communications system that we provide may be retained for a longer period of up to 12 months. Your data will be used for the following purposes only:
- to fulfill any service or provide information that you might request, in which case we may disclose information to third parties solely for the purpose of fulfilling your request;
- to improve the quality of our website and the services that we provide to you;
- to provide third parties employed by us with the information required by them to carry out of matters that may include, but are not limited to, payment handling, delivery of purchased items, search engine facilities, advertising and marketing. The providers of such services do not have access to certain personal data provided by you, and is only shared to the extent required by them to perform the services that Glen Dimplex Australia Pty Ltd requests. Any data processed by third parties must comply with the terms of this Policy and in accordance with the Act.
- to send to you marketing information relating to new products or services or to notify you of changes to our website. This will only be done where you have specifically agreed to be contacted for these purposes using the "opt in" features within our website;
- to monitor your use of our website; and
- to aggregate statistics about customers, traffic patterns and related site information in an anonymous form.
- to cooperate with law enforcement agencies as well as related third parties to enforce laws such as fraud and other rights. You authorise us to disclose any information about you to such law enforcement or other government officials as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary in connection with the investigation of fraud or other activity that is illegal or may expose us or you to legal liability. You further authorise us to process your information, including sensitive personal information, where the processing is necessary for the purpose of legal proceedings, obtaining legal advice, establishing or defending legal rights or for the administration of justice or the exercise of functions of a public nature.
You have the right as an individual to find out what personal information we hold about you and to request that we correct any errors in your personal information. Also, you may request that we do not use your personal information.
Glen Dimplex Australia Pty Ltd may, from time to time, expand or reduce its business and this may involve the sale of certain divisions or the transfer of control of certain divisions to other parties. Data provided by Users will, where it is relevant to any division so transferred, be transferred along with that division and the new owner or newly controlling party will, under the terms of this Policy, be permitted to use the Data for the purposes for which it was supplied by you. In the event that any Data submitted by Users will be transferred in such a manner, you will not be contacted in advance and informed of the changes.
What are the benefits to me of Glen Dimplex collecting my information?
Collecting this information will help Glen Dimplex to achieve the following:
- to allow Glen Dimplex to fulfill services or provide information requested by you;
- to help us create website content more relevant to you;
- to make improvements to our website;
- to assess general trends within the website and its use; and
- where you have given us your permission, to alert you to new products, special offers, updated information, job opportunities and/or other new services that Glen Dimplex considers to be of interest to you.
Controlling access to your data
Wherever you are required to submit Data, you will be given options to restrict our use of that Data. This may include the following:
- use of Data for direct marketing purposes; and
- sharing Data with third parties.
You may access certain areas of the website without providing any Data at all. However, to use some Services and Systems available on the Web Site you may be required to submit Data.
How do I "opt out"?
We will only send marketing information to you if you have given your permission to be contacted. If you wish to opt out of the receipt of our marketing information you can select the appropriate response on the information sent to you. If you wish to withdraw your permission at any other time you may do so by contacting Us through the ' Contact Us' section of this website.
How do I amend information about myself?
You may request that we amend any of your personal information that we hold by contacting us using the details set out in the ' Contact Us' section of this website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Data, we cannot guarantee the security of Data transmitted to the Web Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to safeguard the Data and prevent unauthorised access.
A cookie is a text file containing small amounts of information which is stored on your computer, tablet or mobile phone (device) when you visit a website. There are different types of cookies which are used to do different things, such as letting you navigate between different pages on a website efficiently, remembering preferences you have given a website, and improving your overall experience. Others are used to measure the number of site visits and the most popular pages users visit, and may be used to provide you with advertising which is more tailored to your interests.
Some cookies are allocated to your computer only for the duration of your visit to a website, and these are called “session” cookies. These automatically expire when you close down your browser. There is another type of cookie known as "persistent". These cookies remain on your device for a period of time.
Please note that cookies can't harm your computer. We don't store personally identifiable information in cookies we create, but we do use encrypted information gathered from them to help improve your experience of the site. We're giving you this information as part of our initiative to comply with recent legislation, and so that you can manage cookies as required.
- to ensure the website works correctly;
- to retrieve your current shopping cart so that you can make purchases; and
- to collect anonymous Data which allows us to see how people arrive at our site, and which content is viewed.
If you would prefer to restrict, block or delete cookies from this, or any other website, you can use your browser to do this. Each browser is different, so check the 'Help' menu of your particular browser (or your mobile phone's handset manual) to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
Please bear in mind that if you do this, some features of this website may not function correctly or may not be provided to you.
All rights, including copyright and database right, in the Glen Dimplex website and its contents, are owned by or licensed to Glen Dimplex Australia Pty Ltd, or otherwise used by Glen Dimplex Australia Pty Ltd as permitted by applicable law. In accessing Glen Dimplex web pages, you agree that you will access the contents solely for your own private use or for providing information to your business (permitted use) but not for any commercial or public use. You can download and use the service on a single CPU at a time and you can print out a single hard copy of any part of the content on the Glen Dimplex website for the above permitted use.
Except for permitted use above, you undertake not to copy, store in any medium (including in any other website), distribute, transmit, re-transmit, broadcast, modify, or show in public any part of the Glen Dimplex website without the prior written permission of Glen Dimplex Australia Pty Ltd.
Our policy is one of constant development and improvement. Whilst this website is accurate at the time of publication, you are advised to check these specifications with the product. It is intended to help with your purchasing decision. It is not intended to replace the installation manual which provides more detailed information and should be disregarded if specifications and / or appearances are changed in the interests of continuous improvement.
Changes to this Policy
We reserve the right to change this Policy as we may deem necessary from time to time or as may be required by law. Any changes will be immediately posted on the website and you are deemed to have accepted the amended terms of the Policy on your first use of the website following any such alterations.
All comments, queries and requests relating to our use of your information are welcomed and should be addressed to Glen Dimplex Australia Pty Ltd with offices in 8 Lakeview Drive, Scoresby, Victoria, Australia 3179. Alternatively by telephone on 1800 444 357 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.